2016-2017 Canfield Balance
2016-207 Canfield Balance 27.5
Striking a balance between efficient pedaling and all-out descending—an elusive feat claimed by many, realized by few. The all-new Canfield Brothers Balance is uncompromisingly slacker, lower, faster and stronger, yet thanks to the patented Canfield Balance Formula suspension, it is an incredibly efficient pedaler capable of earning its turns.
Based on the efficient all-rounder that the ‘Bros rolled out in 2014, but calling on the hucking heritage of the original pedalable freeride rig that debuted a decade ago, the 2016 Canfield Brothers Balance was re-engineered with longer travel (165 millimeters/6.5 inches) and a lower leverage ratio for more consistent, smooth travel under hard riding, and a more progressive end stroke to swallow big hits. An all-new CNCed upper link increases stiffness, while a redesigned rear triangle improves tire clearance, and the entire frame is now crafted from bombproof 7005-series aluminum.
Combining the active CBF suspension with the rolling advantages of 27.5-inch (650b) wheels results in a fast, responsive ride, while handling is kept playful and confident with an even slacker 65-degree head-angle and even shorter 16.5-inch (420-millimeter) chainstays.
Long before the “E” word, The Bros. had their own idea of what an all-mountain bike should be—just as capable of flagrant disregard for line choice and taking big hits in stride as it is of getting you to the top under your own power. The 2016 Balance is perhaps the purest form of that yet—an unflinching aggressive all-mountain machine that’s just as at home in the bike park as it is earning it on a backcountry epic or blazing first descents.
Where will you find your Balance?
- 27.5” Aggressive All Mountain / 165mm travel
- 7005 aluminum with an all new, stiff CNC’d upper link
- Patented Canfield Balance Formula Suspension
- Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS or DVO Topaz included, DVO Jade and Push ElevenSix upgrade options available
- 142 x 12mm rear dropouts, axle included
- Tapered headtube
- 15mm pivot bearings
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger, spare hanger included
- Anodized and factory raw frame options
- Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Shock Specs – 216mm x 63mm, (22mmX8mm/36mmX8mm hardware)
- Recommend fork length – 160mm – 170mm
- Headset – Tapered 44mm upper/49.6mm lower
- Front derailleur – Not available
- Bottom bracket – 73mm, threaded
- Seatpost – 30.9mm, stealth dropper compatible
- Seatpost clamp – 35mm
- Rear dropouts – 142mm x 12mm, Canfield axle included
- 650b+ compatibility – Up to 35i rim/2.8 tire
- ISCG tabs – ISCG 05/MRP AMg V2 chain guide recommended
- Brake mount – IS, (international standard)
GEO & SIZING
|Top Tube Length (Effective)||572mm||593mm||614mm||636mm|
|Seat Tube Length||394mm||432mm||470mm||508mm|
|Head Tube Angle||65°||65°||65°||65°|
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective)||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°|
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual)||70.2°||70.5°||70.2°||70.2°|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||12.4mm||12.4mm||12.4mm||12.4mm|
|Bottom Bracket Height (*Approximate)||343mm||343mm||343mm||343mm|
|Head Tube length||105mm||110mmm||120mm||125mm|