IN STOCK AND SHIPPING NOW!
ONLY 100 LIMITED EDITION CANFIELD BALANCE FRAMES WILL BE PRODUCED. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
LIMITED EDITION INCLUDES:
• Polished Mirror-Finish Raw Aluminum Frame
• Limited Edition Rainbow Oil-Slick Links
• Limited Edition Black Anodized Head Badge
• Numbered Limited Production Badge feat. Lance Canfield Signature
Pedal. Send. Repeat. The Balance is our idea of what an all-mountain bike should be: just as capable of flagrant disregard for line choice and taking big hits in stride as it is of getting you to the top under your own power.
The 4th generation of our 27.5-inch-wheeled quiver-killing trail-slayer retains the iconic shape of its predecessor, but beneath the surface it's longer, lower, slacker and packing more travel. The Canfield Balance features 169 millimeters of rear travel, boost spacing, a custom CBF chainstay protector, refreshed geometry and longer reach across all sizes.
A slacker 64-degree head-angle and longer front center combined with a 170-millimeter fork encourage you to take the hot line, while short 16.5-inch chainstays allow you to snap corners and take names.
Built around the patented Canfield Balance Formula™ suspension system, the Balance is a big-mountain brawler unafraid to earn its turns. Canfield has been refining parallel-link suspension for two decades, and the result is maximum traction, effortless climbing and no room for excuses when the going gets rough. The Balance’s CBF™ tuned linkage offers smooth, consistent travel and a slightly progressive leverage ratio that makes all 169 millimeters of travel available when you need it most while offering a predictable bottomless feel.
The Canfield Balance is available in a Limited Edition version featuring a polished raw mirror-finish aluminum frame, rainbow oil-slick links and a numbered production badge featuring Lance Canfield’s signature. Only 100 will be produced. The Balance is also available in two new metallic-flake factory colors, Desert Loam and Deep Space.
- 27.5” All-Mountain / Enduro
- 7005 aluminum with CNC links
- Patented Canfield Balance Formula™ Suspension
- 169mm travel
- DVO Jade X Shock w/ LS Spring
- Metric shock sizing (230mm x 65mm)
- Boost Spacing
- Custom CBF Chainstay Protector
- Tapered headtube
- 15mm pivot bearings
- Water-bottle mount
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger, spare hanger included
- Signed and numbered production badge (Limited Edition only)
- Available in Limited Edition Polished Raw (w/ rainbow oil-slick links), Desert Loam and Deep Space (w/ black links)
- Frames ship with white decals. Black decal sheet included.
- Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
• Rear Shock:
-MRP Hazzard Coil
-Ohlins TTX Air
-Cane Creek DB Kitsuma Coil
-EXT Storia Lok V3 (Optional Upgrade)
-EXT Arma V3 (Optional Upgrade)
- Shock Specs: Metric: 230mm x 65mm, (22mmX8mm/36mmX8mm hardware)
- Recommend fork length: 170mm – 180mm
- Headset: Tapered 44mm upper/49.6mm lower
- Front derailleur: Not available
- Bottom bracket: 73mm, threaded
- Seatpost: 30.9mm, stealth dropper compatible
- Seatpost clamp: 35mm
- Rear dropouts: Boost 148mm x 12mm, Canfield axle included
- 650b+ compatibility: Up to 35i rim/2.8 tire
- ISCG tabs: ISCG 05
- Brake mount: Post 180mm
- Seatpost max insertion: 205mm(S), 225mm(M), 260mm(L), 305mm(XL)
|Top Tube Length (Effective)
|Seat Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective)
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual)
|Bottom Bracket Drop
|Bottom Bracket Height (*Approximate)
|Head Tube length
DVO JADE X COIL TUNING GUIDE & SPRING RATE CALCULATOR
|Rider Weight||Coil Spring Rate||PSI (Air Bladder)||Rebound|
* Photos of bike/spec may vary slightly from actual spec based upon pre-production frame and availability of parts. Any substituted parts will be of equal or greater value than original option listed. Complete bikes ship as a frame and build kit. While frames are prepped, reamed, chased and faced, they do require experienced assembly. If you are not confident in fully assembling and tuning your new Canfield bike, we recommend visiting your favorite local bike shop.
Please note that shipping rates for frames will include insurance, but our default shipping rates for complete bikes does not include insurance. Please email us if you would like to add insurance to your complete bike build (typically $35-$45).