The 4th generation of our 27.5-inch-wheeled quiver-killing trail-slayer retains the iconic shape of its predecessor, but beneath the surface it's longer, lower, slacker and packing more travel. The Canfield Balance features 169 millimeters of rear travel, boost spacing, a custom CBF chainstay protector, refreshed geometry and longer reach across all sizes.
A slacker 64-degree head-angle and longer front center combined with a 170-millimeter fork encourage you to take the hot line, while short 16.5-inch chainstays allow you to snap corners and take names.
Built around the patented Canfield Balance Formula™ suspension system, the Balance is a big-mountain brawler unafraid to earn its turns. Canfield has been refining parallel-link suspension for two decades, and the result is maximum traction, effortless climbing and no room for excuses when the going gets rough. The Balance’s CBF™ tuned linkage offers smooth, consistent travel and a slightly progressive leverage ratio that makes all 169 millimeters of travel available when you need it most while offering a predictable bottomless feel.
The Canfield Balance is available in two new metallic-flake factory colors, Desert Loam and Deep Space.
There is also a Limited Edition version featuring a polished raw mirror-finish aluminum frame, rainbow oil-slick links and a numbered production badge featuring Lance Canfield’s signature. Only 100 Limited Edition will be produced.
- 27.5” All-Mountain / Enduro
- 7005 aluminum with CNC links
- Patented Canfield Balance Formula™ Suspension
- 169mm travel
- Metric shock sizing (230mm x 65mm)
- Boost Spacing
- Custom CBF Chainstay Protector
- Custom Canfield SDG Radar AM Saddle
- Tapered headtube
- 15mm pivot bearings
- Water-bottle mount
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger, spare hanger included
- Signed and numbered production badge (Limited Edition only)
- Available in Limited Edition Polished Raw (w/ rainbow oil-slick links), Desert Loam and Deep Space (w/ black links)
- Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Frames ship with white decals. Black decal sheet included.
- Seatpost max insertion: 205mm(S), 225mm(M), 260mm(L), 305mm(XL)
- Fork: MRP Ribbon Coil w/ Custom Canfield Decals
- Rear Shock: MRP Hazzard Coil
- Wheels: Industry 9 1/1 Enduro
- Tires: Maxxis Assegai 2.5" WT Exo+ 3C
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 10-52T
- Cranks: GX DUB 170mm crankset with 32T ring
- Bar: Spank Spoon 35 - 800mm
- Stem: Spank Split 35 clamp - 40mm length
- Grips: Spank Spike 30mm
- Brakes: SRAM G2 RS
- Rotors: SRAM Centerline 180mm
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb 150mm
- Saddle: Custom Canfield SDG Radar MTN
- Sealant: Trucker Co. Cream II
- Shock Specs: Metric: 230mm x 65mm, (22mmX8mm/36mmX8mm hardware)
- Recommend fork length: 170mm – 180mm
- Headset: Tapered 44mm upper/49.6mm lower
- Front derailleur: Not available
- Bottom bracket: 73mm, threaded
- Seatpost: 30.9mm, stealth dropper compatible
- Seatpost clamp: 35mm
- Rear dropouts: Boost 148mm x 12mm, Canfield axle included
- 650b+ compatibility: Up to 35i rim/2.8 tire
- ISCG tabs: ISCG 05
- Brake mount: Post 180mm
|Top Tube Length (Effective)
|Seat Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective)
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual)
|Bottom Bracket Drop
|Bottom Bracket Height (*Approx.)
|Head Tube length
|Rider Weight||Coil Spring|
|Rider Weight||Coil Spring Rate|
* Photos of bike/spec may vary slightly from actual spec based upon pre-production frame and availability of parts. Any substituted parts will be of equal or greater value than original option listed. Complete bikes ship as a frame and build kit. While frames are prepped, reamed, chased and faced, they do require experienced assembly. If you are not confident in fully assembling and tuning your new Canfield bike, we recommend visiting your favorite local bike shop.
Please note that shipping rates for frames will include insurance, but our default shipping rates for complete bikes do not include insurance. Please email us if you would like to add insurance to your complete bike build (typically $35-$45).